Welcome and thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Kingston and the Islands Federal Liberal Association (KIFLA)!
Choosing to join a political party is an important form of public service — one that protects and preserves our democracy. The Liberal Party is a “big tent” party whose vision is grounded in social justice and equality. We value and respect the wide variety of opinions and perspectives among Registered Liberals, but share the common objective of progressive, evidence-based public policies which benefit all Canadians.
While we recognize that you have other interests and commitments, we hope that you will get to know us and will contribute and participate in our many activities. Everything that we do is the result of the time, energy, ideas and donations contributed by our dedicated volunteers, members and supporters.
We are grateful for your interest in volunteering with our organization and would love to have you join our amazing team!
Supporters can volunteer in many ways:
- assisting with organizing and staffing events, outreach activities in the community, photography, letter stuffing/stamping, fundraising, policy discussions, etc.;
- volunteering during election campaigns (available tasks include door-to-door canvassing, telephone canvassing, delivering elections signs, staffing the campaign office, driving voters to the polls, communications, election scrutineers, fundraising and organizing events).
In addition to the above, Registered Liberals can also:
- serve on the riding association Executive and on various teams and committees;
- serve as a Liberal liaison with one of the many professional, cultural, ethnic or other communities in Kingston and the Islands;
- receive training, participate in special opportunities, connect with Commissions, and more.